Baby Stewart is due to arrive in just 10 weeks. The thought of changing two sets of bums, however cute they are, is not overly appealing to me. I knew I had to start the potty training immediately if we were to avoid the crazy expenses of two diaper sizes. I had heard about this amazing 3 day crash course. I looked into it:
1) Mom needs to be ready - 3 days full of frustration and cleaning pee trails all over the house
2) Child needs to be ready - Lily is a smart girl, she can handle it
3) Don't leave your house for 3 straight days - that already seems to be life some days.
Seems simple enough! So Lily and I set off to Target to buy all supplies for our 3 days of fun. I made sure that we had food and ingredients for all meals. We bought big girl panties, night-time panties (pull-ups), a 20 pack of Capri Suns, chocolate milk, potty treats and prizes. Expensive - but we were set and I figured if we didn't have to buy another gigantic box of Costco diapers, anything was worth it!
Day 1 begins - Lily is all ready in her big girl panties. Blankets are set out covering the floor to catch any and all stray pee. 5 sippy cups are full and ready with a variety of drinks. A box of treats and prizes are out to tempt her to use the potty and we have a big selection of movies, books, and toys for the big day.
2 1/2 hours into our day - things weren't going so well! We were already on our third pair of panties. Not an ounce of pee had made it into the potty, no treats or prizes were taken out of the box, and I was seeing no light at the end of this tunnel! So we decided to go naked so the second she started peeing, we would make a run for the bathroom. Still drinking plenty of apple juice and milk!
3 hours in and we are calling it quits!! So much for Days 2 and 3. Although my child is incredible smart - she is not even close to getting the potty thing. The whole "holding" thing is not working out for her. She just constantly trickles pee and just lets it go when it comes when it wants. So our 3 day potty training turned into a 3 hour disaster but I still love my little Lily!! So bring on the two little diaper bums...
haha. What a cutie! It will get easier! Don't give up! Even though Aiden still poops in his room about once a month (which equals me going insane once a month--and it's not even "that time"), it's worth it to be out of those diapers!
ReplyDeleteawe this is such a neat post! i've never heard of this method but honestly it sounds kind of cute. three days with your adorable little girl. all the quality time {getting to roam around naked haha} and little yummy prizes! i would have loved that when i was kid, i'm sure of it.
ReplyDeletebetter luck next time! i think it's cool you're starting now even though you felt she wasn't exactly "ready"
she's soo cute by the way :) love your blog!