Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Wall

For months I had this grand plan of stenciling our big family room wall. About six months ago I had tackled our bedroom wall with a stencil that I am really happy with. However, it must have had the same effect that pregnancy and labor seem to always give, in that I had forgotten just how long, and difficult, and painful the process of stenciling an entire wall is. So early last Friday morning I started with my handy blue tape and got all my supplies ready to start painting for the day. Next thing I know it is late Saturday night and I am just finishing! Those two days were a whirlwind of crying (mostly by little Stew who was sooo miserable), stress, frustration, and minor resting. I think it would not have been as crazy of a weekend if the whole family wasn't sick! Yes, that's right, every one of us was sick! It is hard enough being a mom in that situation but adding a whole other element of wall painting was nightmarish. But I am so glad and relieved that it is done!! And I would say it turned out quite well.

p.s. I only drastically messed up once and thought my house was ruined for about 10 minutes, but luckily I have a smart, calm husband who helped me realize that I had a whole bucket of the original color that could erase my "whoops".
And only I can spot where my mistake happened :)

No comments:

Post a Comment