The past three weeks Paul has been on three separate business trips. I have this new-found respect for single parents! Wow, that is one demanding job with very very little breaks!! The first couple trips where Paul was gone I was doing surprisingly well, just tried to keep myself busy everyday with activities and friends for Lily. But this last trip I feel like I am living in this night-mare (sounds extreme, but like I said, just keeping it real). I am beyond exhausted, I have a constant head-ache, both kids have colds, and Stew is sadder and more needy than ever. There has been a lot of crying at our house this week, mostly by Stew and me. With the exception of my tempting pain meds stash (which has been untouched) I feel like there is no way of it letting up. I have just had to focus on Paul coming home and just hope that I'll be able to get a little break then.
Well, depressing I know, but that's how it is. I've bottled the depressing parts of my life up for years and it has caused me to take much longer than I'm sure is needed to get past some things. So I'm going to take a different approach from now on and just lay it all out there. And hopefully it will help..
Laura! I am sooooooo glad you post more now! I on the other hand have been in super slacking mode while we build our house. Your kids are super cute!
ReplyDeleteSam! I was freshening up on your blog the other day and I tried to comment but it wouldn't let me :( that is crazy awesome your building, where is it? And I did notice that it has been awhile since you posted, you need to get on that. Although Brit has filled me in a little on your life these days.
ReplyDelete