Our Easter saturday was stuffed full of hunts, eggs, friends, family, sugar highs, and fun! We started off at the neighborhood Easter egg hunt at the park. There were thousands of eggs! Lily was set after she found about three, I had to convince her to pick up a couple more that she just happened to walk by. Silly girl!!
We ended the fun-filled day with the traditional egg hunting, hot-dog roasting, frisbee throwing afternoon at great-Grandma Heslop's. The kids were all tuckered out after the long day outside running around.
That night was the viewing for sweet Grandma Eames. It was a great experience as I tried my best to explain the wonderful plan of salvation to my baby girl. Lily was so sweet as I know she was trying to understand death and our savior and the amazing thing that Jesus did for us. He died for us so that we can live with him and our Heavenly Father again when we die. What a sweet blessing to be able to live in heaven with those we love. Lily kept asking why Grandma Eames was sleeping. She wanted to view the casket multiple time to see if she was awake yet. I explained that Grandma's body was here but that her spirit was in heaven with her family and with Jesus.
Lily has the sweetest spirit and this experience made me so grateful to be her mother. It is so amazing to see her little mind and heart grow. I look forward to sharing my testimony with her and teaching her many more gospel principles.
No comments:
Post a Comment